Saturday 27 March 2021

Esther Rose 'How Many Times' IGTV pre-album release taster

 


 

Esther Rose - just Esther and a guitar, her voice, her songs...well there was a Hank Williams cover.

This was one of those short lo-fi IGTV to camera performances that Covid has gotten us all used to. Esther's new album has been eagerly anticipated and on the pre-released tracks such as the title track seems set to be a career highlight and one that will hopefully see her find a wider audience.

The IGTV performance was low key, honest and above all, and what these should be, intimate. The honesty of those songs, their worlds and the delivery via voice and guitar makes the point that Esther Rose is a talent and one we're going to enjoy hearing more from. Three songs from new LP How Many Times - 'real Good Time', 'Coyote Creek' and the title track plus a reading of Hank Williams 'I Can't Help It (if I'm still in love with you) and it was over. Leave 'em wanting more Esther!

I always like to reflect on how I found an artist, what platform, what link brought them to me. In this case it was a suggestion on Bandcamp and I clicked a few links and liked what I heard. I found I kept returning and listening some more. Then the songs for the new album started to appear and I was hooked.

So as I found her via Bandcamp here's the link so you can too - How Many Times | Esther Rose (bandcamp.com) 

photo credit : Galin Foley 

No comments:

Post a Comment