Sunday 1 August 2021

'Baseball' by Dusted

From time to time a record comes along that just strikes you as absolutely sublime. A song you can't get enough of, that you'll play at every opportunity? That's the case with Baseball by Dusted. It's been on repeat on my Spotify and on YouTube since I first heard it. 
This is a record of beauty perfectly balanced between ache and a pop sensibility that shares its beauty on repeated listens. That's my take. 

Check out the 'official video' for the song too. Seemingly made in secret as a back up by Brian Borcherdt's wife Anna when she thought the original video concept was going south. It too is a thing of beauty with a few unexpected turns - no spoilers, give it a watch. https://youtu.be/iFOMQ0rIBjs

Baseball is taken from the third Dusted album the appropriately titled III. I'm diving into the album now - it may be some time before I come up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment